(1) Unless the court orders otherwise, the debtor shall commence making payments not later than 30 days after the date of the filing of the plan or the order for relief, whichever is earlier, in the amount—
(A) proposed by the plan to the trustee;
(B) scheduled in a lease of personal property directly to the lessor for that portion of the obligation that becomes due after the order for relief, reducing the payments under subparagraph (A) by the amount so paid and providing the trustee with evidence of such payment, including the amount and date of payment; and
(C) that provides adequate protection directly to a creditor holding an allowed claim secured by personal property to the extent the claim is attributable to the purchase of such property by the debtor for that portion of the obligation that becomes due after the order for relief, reducing the payments under subparagraph (A) by the amount so paid and providing the trustee with evidence of such payment, including the amount and date of payment.
(2) A payment made under paragraph (1)(A) shall be retained by the trustee until confirmation or denial of confirmation. If a plan is confirmed, the trustee shall distribute any such payment in accordance with the plan as soon as is practicable. If a plan is not confirmed, the trustee shall return any such payments not previously paid and not yet due and owing to creditors pursuant to paragraph (3) to the debtor, after deducting any unpaid claim allowed under section 503(b).
(3) Subject to section 363, the court may, upon notice and a hearing, modify, increase, or reduce the payments required under this subsection pending confirmation of a plan.
(4) Not later than 60 days after the date of filing of a case under this chapter, a debtor retaining possession of personal property subject to a lease or securing a claim attributable in whole or in part to the purchase price of such property shall provide the lessor or secured creditor reasonable evidence of the maintenance of any required insurance coverage with respect to the use or ownership of such property and continue to do so for so long as the debtor retains possession of such property.
(b) Before or at the time of each payment to creditors under the plan, there shall be paid—
(1) any unpaid claim of the kind specified in section 507(a)(2) of this title;
(2) if a standing trustee appointed under section 586 (b) of title 28 is serving in the case, the percentage fee fixed for such standing trustee under section 586 (e)(1)(B) of title 28; and
(3) if a chapter 7 trustee has been allowed compensation due to the conversion or dismissal of the debtor’s prior case pursuant to section 707(b), and some portion of that compensation remains unpaid in a case converted to this chapter or in the case dismissed under section 707(b) and refiled under this chapter, the amount of any such unpaid compensation, which shall be paid monthly—
(A) by prorating such amount over the remaining duration of the plan; and
(B) by monthly payments not to exceed the greater of—
(i) $25(*); or
(ii) the amount payable to unsecured nonpriority creditors, as provided by the plan, multiplied by 5 percent, and the result divided by the number of months in the plan.
(c) Except as otherwise provided in the plan or in the order confirming the plan, the trustee shall make payments to creditors under the plan.
(d) Notwithstanding any other provision of this title—
(1) compensation referred to in subsection (b)(3) is payable and may be collected by the trustee under that paragraph, even if such amount has been discharged in a prior case under this title; and
(2) such compensation is payable in a case under this chapter only to the extent permitted by subsection (b)(3).
(*) As adjusted under section 104, effective April 1, 2007. Readjusted effective April 1, 2010.
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of bankruptcy.
“Very nice people, they really help alot and make your visit very comfortable.. thanks ”
- Sue L.
“I went to google to check out some attorney's in the Mpls area and the first office that came up was Kain & Scott. I checked out their website and I was sold on them right away! I was very impressed with what I read about them and the people who worked for them.”
“If you, or somebody you know, is considering filing for bankruptcy, do yourself a favor, don't bother contacting just any law firm. Contact Kain & Scott! They will make you feel more relaxed and less stressed than you've felt in a LONG time! THEY HAVE YOUR BEST INTEREST because THEY CARE ABOUT YOU. Call them or email them. You will NOT be sorry.”
- Justin T.
“Kain & Scott PA is the nicest law firm they don’t judge and have amazing people to answer the phones and be patient with clients like us Megan Rockenbach is such a good listener and very kind on the phone.”
- Ceairra B.
“Everyone in the office is extremely helpful and nice!”
- Miranda M.
“These are very kind and helpful people who take the stigma out of bankruptcy and treated me like I wanted to be treated. They understand good people sometimes have hard times. Wes Scott and his team are so nice! Stephanie Buerger has been a savior and responds to my email or phone call questions the same day. It feels like small town service with big city talent and reputation!”
- John S.
“They live up to their motto of being the friendliest lawyers around. The welcome receptionist comes around to greet you and leads you to a private room furnished with snacks and drinks. There is a massage chair in the room and your name is on a sign welcoming you personally to the private space.”
- Brother S.
“There are no better bankruptcy attorneys in MN - from the initial conversation to working with Veronica on payments, there are no finer people to help you get your life on track. Bankruptcy can be a terrifying thing, but Kain and Scott absolutely have your back.”
- Andrew K.
“After doing a bunch of internet research for Bankruptcy Attorneys, Kain & Scott PA overshadowed all others I had looked at. If you are not sure what to do, which option is best or who to choose, please call Kain & Scott. They will listen to your situation and tell you what your best option would be. Again call Kain & Scott, you will be glad you did! I know I am!!”
- Tammy E.
“I am not one to ever right a review, but with how wonderful Kain & Scott are I just have to let other people know. I would most definitely recommend them to my family, friends, or a colleague who is looking at filing bankruptcy.”
- Jessica A.
“Kain and Scott is the BEST!! Margaret H. helped me out a great deal when I was going through my hardship! I really love the fact that all the staff including Lindsay B. was kind enough to answer some personal questions that I had along the way. I wouldn't choose another company to work with! Thank you everyone who made my journey as a BREEZE! Now I would like to include Stephanie V. Buerger for congratulating me on my journey stepping forward to a debt free life! Stephanie Googins has done a great job providing me with additional information after the bankruptcy proc”ess!
- Gina S.
“I highly recommend this firm as well as recommending bankruptcy! Times have changed and it's not a big deal like it may have once been or how old people talk about it. It's truly a new beginning. This has made my life so much simpler. Exactly what I needed heading into a divorce. I can't thank these guys enough!! ”
- Mandy B.
“The process was so easy, this firm does all of the work for you and really works for you. They are great in responding to any questions you may have. I would recommend this firm to anyone who is struggling with debt. They are also very cost effective, and will work with you for payment arrangements. We couldn't be more satisfied! Debt free finally!”
- Katie B.
“All I can say is wow! From the moment I walked in the door I felt welcome and better right away! Everyone one treated me like me like my story actually mattered! I worked with Misty Myers and she was such an amazing person to work with! She made things so easy and just took charge right away with trying to help! I highly recommend Kain and Scott! I couldn't be happier with how I was treated!”
- Dustin S
“Even from the first conversation I had on the phone regarding their services, I knew I was going to choose them. I made an appointment for the following week and was welcomed with no judgement. The whole process was fast and efficient. I worked personally with Misty, Samantha, and Callie but everyone there was extremely helpful when I had questions. There was little to no paperwork and they did most of the work for me. My only regret was not filing sooner!”
- Megan W.
“The staff at Kain & Scott were amazing! They make you feel very comfortable from the first time you step in the door. Everything is well organized and they respond quickly to any questions you have. Shout out to Wes, Calli, Megan, Sarah, and Lindsey you all were great in helping me get my life back. Keep up the good work!!”
- Toby A.
“I have to say I have had the greatest experience filing bankruptcy with Kain&Scott. Kelsey B Quarburg and Jesse A Horoshak were two of the most professional attorneys I have ever worked with. Jesse showed up at my 341 meeting totally prepared. Other attorneys along with their clients weren't. Jesse and I weren’t called up first, so I had the privilege of seeing how this meeting would work. The first two clients and attorneys weren’t prepared at all, they were told by the federal trustees,that they were missing paperwork and information. It took these two clients and attorneys 20 minutes each to get through the process. Jesse had 1 client he was representing before me. The process was flawless, 5 minutes and the process was complete. My meeting took 5 minutes. It proved to me choosing the best law firm matters. Kelsey B Quarburg is the best. She was very professional yet she was also human. She would respond to my emails at odd times of the day and night. She kept me informed every step of the way. Thank you both. Thank you Callie for making sure my paperwork was forwarded and up to date. What a team. Thank you all so much for a job well done ,and I mean this from the bottom of my heart. Once again thank you all,for giving my life back. GOD BLESS YOU ALL ”
- Maurice W.
“Stellar customer service and you have the “how can I help you” staff! You made my future easier to handle and I have so much more confidence especially with your staff behind me. I appreciate all your help and time you spend helping me address my credit. ”
- Nancy N.
“I am very fortunate to have found Kain & Scott. They made my experience fast, friendly and trustworthy. Thank you to Megan R. for being flexible with payment arrangements and really understanding what other people may be going through and how to do what is best for them. 😊 Thank you to Stephanie Buerger as well,for being very welcoming and easy to work with during my initial info gathering. Thank you gals for making my experience a low stress to the point “filer friendly” experience. ”
- Scott K.